Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nice Breakfast

Had a call yesterday from Duh, wondering if I had plans for the weekend. As I was sitting on the couch, not listening to whatever was on TLC at the time (or maybe it was Lifetime) and perusing way too many pictures on icanhascheezburger.com at the time, I really couldn't claim to be busy. We set up a breakfast date for this morning. Ended up just four of us: Duh and Happy, The Girl and I. Went to Richie's Diner and had a really yummy chili-n-cheese omelette and a blueberry muffin. It was nice to spend some time with Duh again; plus, she gave me a birthday present - a cute purse and/or knitting tote with cats on it, some kitty slippers and an Eeyore jammie top. Happy paid for breakfast as his "contribution".

Wow, does George Strait look young in this video! (You Look So Good In Love) Wonder how old the song is ... another wow, he's older than I thought he was, 5 years my senior. Yes, Sis - there IS someone older than I! And it looks like this song was recorded in 1990. Sure am enjoying all the GS videos on GAC!!

Not much else to report for today. Finished reading New Moon (sequel to Twilight) and am currently reading Eclipse (book three). Thick books, but quick reads. Should have gone to Borders; I think my b-day coupon expires in a day or so. Maybe I'll use it online. I haven't ordered anything direct from Borders since they split from Amazon.

The All-iday is officially set for September 27 at 3:00. Unfortunately, The Girl has to work that day (she already knows she can't get out of it) and Duh will be off on her camping trip.

Guess I'll pop over and see what Sis was up to today, maybe see if she has any new pictures on Flickr, and then eat some dinner.

2 comments:

Cris Mateski said...

Wow, a type-o

SR5Rfan said...

Wow, and YOU caught it! Hope I found and corrected the only one that was in there ... thanks!