Monday, August 25, 2008

Twilight Zone Moment

leads to an afternoon of anticipation!

Had a message on my voice mail from a florist in my old city, asking me to call and correct the address they have for me. Well, I haven't sent anyone flowers, so I must be getting some ... anyway, I called at the beginning of lunch and talked to the lady there. Apparently they had my current street address with my old city so they couldn't find me. When I mentioned that I hadn't sent any flowers, she said, "Oh, no - you are receiving some that were sent from Cambridge, MA". Now, I don't know anyone in MA although B in NY goes to Boston quite often. In fact, she was going somewhere this weekend to get her new puppy, maybe she sent flowers? But why? So, the anticipation is still building because nothing has been delivered here yet.

The TZ Moment comes in when I started reading my book at lunch and on page two the character cites her home address - in Cambridge, MA!

I'll post a picture of the flowers after they arrive.

I am currently involved in 3 books. I'm listening to "Pillars of the Earth" while driving, reading "Eclipse" at home and brought "All Shots" to work because "Eclipse" is just too thick to carry around conveniently. Don't usually read more than one book at a time, so it could get interesting! Although if I *do* have to appear for Jury Duty tomorrow (I have to call tonight after 7:00 for details) I'll probably finish "All Shots" and start on another.

No comments: