Saturday, August 30, 2008

Post-less Friday

As you can see, I didn't post yesterday. I spent most of the evening reading and just didn't get around to posting. That being said, there really wasn't a lot to post about anyway.

Work went well, for being end of the month. Got all the drop-ship invoices processed, and also got all the regular ones done. Not bad, seeing as we've been a day behind on them for the past week! Not sure how many invoices I actually process daily, but I *think* it averages about 325. The company provided us with a month-end lunch of El Pollo Loco which was quite yummy. I haven't had chicken from there in ages (I usually get the chicken bowl, but haven't had "just a piece of chicken' with side orders). So I had a chicken breast, and beans and rice with salsa on the rice, and a couple of flour tortillas. Mmmm.

Found out something nice about the company. One of the guys that works in the warehouse had come into the lunch room on Tuesday while I was in there, and apologized. At first I didn't know why, but then realized that he was hiccuping. Nothing loud and obnoxious, just quiet little hic...hic...hics. Didn't really think much about it. Saw him again on Thursday when he walked past my desk to go to HR. As he passed I heard a quiet little hic...hic...hic. Felt bad for the poor guy, that was twice in one week!

Found out later that it was a little worse than that. He'd been hic-ing for 3 weeks. =8-O And apparently this isn't the first time it's happened; a couple of years ago he had them for 3 months. He had gone to the doctor and received muscle relaxers that helped, but this time he was waiting for his insurance to kick in (on Sept 1). Well, the company sent him to Urgent Care on Thursday - and paid for the visit! Wasn't that nice of them? Especially since he only had to get through a few more days before the insurance would be in effect. Anyway, he was still quietly hic'ing yesterday and I hope the muscle relaxers kick in soon.

Talked to B in NY for a little bit last night; sounds like she is having a blast with little Robin. She goes back to work on Tuesday and has made arrangements for a pet walker for the little guy. Wish I could snuggle him and sniff that little puppy scent!

No comments: