Sunday, September 21, 2008

And We're Missing It!

Well, while at a late breakfast with The Kids and FM, I received a phone call from Duh. She wanted to know if I realized that today was the Chino chili-cookoff. Of course, I had known that a long time ago but had forgotten about it. What a bummer. Oooh, Red Lobster endless shrimp commercial... ok, I'm back. Needless to say, since it was already around noon, I didn't bother calling Sis to see if she wanted to rush over to Chino. Guess we just have to do without our fireman ... um, chili... fix for this year. Duh also asked if I wanted to meet for dinner either tomorrow or Tuesday, so there's something to look forward to.

Spent part of the afternoon puttering around the apartment, watched 2 episodes of Pushing Daisies and took a nap. About the time I was trying to decide what to do for dinner I received a text message from The Boy inviting me over for bbq chicken. So, I stopped at the store for an apple pie and some brownie bites and went to The Kids' place. Had a nice visit and a yummy dinner. Now wishing I had brought home a few of the brownie bites, but I don't really need them.

Think I'll watch one more episode of PD and then head to bed.

1 comment:

Cris Mateski said...

You should tell her to come to tacos on Tuesday.