Sunday, September 21, 2008

Yesterday

Had a good time yesterday! Went over to help Sis get ready for the All-iday party, since Rafe had to work. Actually, he had some time off during the week so there really wasn't a lot to do before getting started on the fun stuff. I got there around 10:00, and after greeting all the critters (and Sis, of course) we went to buy some prizes. Took longer than you would think, since we wanted a total of six things and had absolutely no idea what we wanted. Store clerks look at you odd when, after being asked if you need assistance looking for something they are told "No, it's kind of a 'we'll know it when we see it' situation." Anyway, I think we got some really nice things (one of which *I* really want and one that Sis wants to keep!) I don't think it would be fair, though, for me to win a prize since I helped pick them out. And our search took us all the way to the Cerritos mall, where I haven't been in ages. I'm not sure, but I think the last time was with Mom.

After shopping, we went to Johnny Rebs for lunch. Had pulled pork and mac-a-chee (glglglglglg). It was really, really good and I'd go back again anytime. Especially since Sis bought lunch.... The only thing I didn't care for was the cornbread; it just seemed a bit bland to me. And I could have put honey on it, but I was getting full anyway and wanted to finish the main course. So, I did. And felt like a pig because Sis only ate a bit more than half of hers. This was mainly because she'd had a larger breakfast than I had, but still. We even picked up an order of pork and mashed taters for Rafe to have when he got home from work.

We then went back to Sis' place to start decorating. Had a bit of a problem, because we couldn't find some of the boxes of stuff in the garage. They had gotten rid of a lot of things but there was still enough missing to be annoying. That, and the fact that their house is already mostly decorated anyway, made for an interesting afternoon. We then made another trip to try and find holiday-themed party supplies (plates, etc) and didn't have a lot of luck with that. The paper supply store we went to didn't look like it was a store at all so we didn't bother parking. Ended up at a Party City and found some nice things there. Unfortunately, most of the "holiday" stuff was Halloween and Autumn. We did get some "fiesta" stuff for Cinco de Mayo.

Made the mistake of not getting gas before leaving Long Beach (again) and ended up exiting the freeway in Irwindale (yes, I missed the 105 again) and then panicking because my gas light had been on for a while and I couldn't find a gas station. I didn't drive around looking, just stayed on the street that I exited from the freeway so that I wouldn't get lost (yes, the GPS unit would have helped, if she hadn't been on the side table at home). After finally getting gas I drove back towards the freeway - and there was no on-ramp for the north-bound traffic. Hmph. All in all, my hunt for gas and freeway took about 7 miles, I think. Anyway, got home safe.

Gonna meet the gang for breakfast today, and then probably putter around tidying up.

Hey, my email alert just popped up - I have a friend request from FoRT!!

No comments: