Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Missed A Day Of Posting

Mainly because I had nothing to say.

Never got a call yesterday from the temp agency, so I tried calling at lunchtime today. Gave the lady my name and was put on hold. She came back on the line and said "I'm on another call, hold on" and was gone. Since I had to be back at work, I hung up. Would have been nice if she'd stayed on the line long enough to take a message. Called again after work, and the person who answered the phone had trouble finding my name in the system. She then said, "Oh, you're working at Boyd." Well, no, they closed the office last year and that's why I'm working through the agency. She took a message and said she'd have her supervisor call tomorrow. So, I'm back to where I was 48 hours ago as far as info goes. I'd raise a big ruckus but they are the only agency finding me work....

Got a bit bummed last night. I was checking the new fall schedule online, and found that there is nothing I "have to watch" on Friday or Saturday nights. This is a good thing, because I don't have to have something every night. However, they have "Bones" and "Pushing Daisies" on at the same time on Wednesdays! My VCR won't let me watch one show and tape a different one, so I'm going to have to tape one and watch the other in the bedroom, then go back to the living room and watch the other. Or I could watch one of 'em online ... or save the tape for Friday night. Such a dilemma!

That's about it for now. Not a great picture posted, but this is the view from one of the Big Bear cabins that The Kids looked at. The view was wonderful, the cabin not so much.

2 comments:

Susan T-O said...

You could save the taped show to watch on Friday or Saturday. That would give you one more day of TV :-)

SR5Rfan said...

Um, I mentioned that in my post. But thanks for the *idea*. :-)