Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What A Day

On the way to work today, noticing how dirty Henry is, I decided I'd go to the car wash after work. Right next to the car wash is a place to get the oil changed, so I figured I'd take care of that, too (depending on the cost). So, lunchtime comes along and I am heading out to Taco Bell. At least, I was. Apparently the corrosion on my battery terminal was bad enough that it ate the attacher ring so it wasn't making contact and the car wouldn't start. One of the guys was going to jump start it for me but we figured the connection wasn't good enough.

So, The Boy came out to rescue me. Unfortunately, there's a big ole fuse box thingie on the battery cable/connector and according to the guy at the Nissan dealership the part and labor will be about $400 to fix. We were able to get it started and The Boy followed me home to make sure I made it here ok (which I did). FM is going to come by and see what he can do to fix it. I'm sure he won't be able to get it working without the proper parts, but you can't tell him that. I'll probably need The Girl to give me a ride to work and either her or The Boy come pick me up. What a hassle.

And since I couldn't get the car started, and turned down the offer of a lift to get lunch, I made do with a little package of goldfish crackers for lunch. Yum.

2 comments:

Susan T-O said...

But Henry is NEW; shouldn't that be covered under warranty??

SR5Rfan said...

The guy at Nissan that The Boy talked to said it sounded like it was caused by lack of maintenance, and wouldn't be covered.

FM was able to fix it, though. :-)