Saturday, October 4, 2008

Movie Day

Met with The Kids for a late breakfast (at Tommy's) and did a little Halloween decoration shopping. I went to a $.99 Only Store, a Big Lots and a Dollar Tree but didn't find much. I *did* get part of my costume for the Pirate Party next September. Now to put it away somewhere that I won't forget ...

Decided to watch a movie - and discovered that I have two copies of "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days". I guess I should either watch them as I buy them so I don't duplicate (I'd remember if I'd seen it) or check my shelf before going to Target. Anyway, it was a fun movie. I love Matthew McConaughey, and Kate Hudson is adorable. Decided to watch another and chose "The Thomas Crown Affair". It, also, was a good movie but I think I liked 10 Days better. Maybe I just like MM better than I like Pierce Brosnan...

Am currently watching the Dodgers beating the Cubs in game three of the playoffs. I know The Boy will be very happy when/if they win tonight (it will clinch the division and send the Dodgers one step closer to the World Series). One of his co-workers, however, will be very upset. Seems he went to a LOT of trouble to get tickets to game four. D'oh! Anyway, it is currently 3-0 in the 7th inning. I know that doesn't necessarily mean the Dodgers will win, but at least they are heading that way.

Had a voice mail from Dad today - apparently FM had mentioned possibly getting together for dinner this weekend. Dad had tried calling FM but didn't get through, so he wanted to check with me to see if I knew anything about it. I called to let Dad know that "I know noth-think" about meeting but got his answering machine. Left a message but didn't hear back. I felt bad for a while, but then figure I've spent 29 years apologizing for FM not being where he said he'd be, or returning calls or whatever, and I'm done with that. If he wants to meet Dad for dinner, HE can take care of the arrangements. I'm out of it!

I think The Kids will be over for a while tomorrow - she wants to see the tape of "Pushing Daisies" from Wednesday and he wants to do laundry. Well, he doesn't necessarily want to, but he needs to, I guess.

No comments: