Monday, October 13, 2008

Santa Ana Winds

Didn't sleep well last night, the wind was blowing like crazy. Of course, it is to be expected where I live but the wind could have waited until after the alarm went off. Driving to work was fun; the part of my drive that goes through the dairies was a tad dusty. And, unfortunately, we have fires. Not near me, fortunately, but the fire fighters have their work cut out for them. One of the guys from our Van Nuys office was evacuated this morning. He says he isn't too concerned; he grabbed his passport, and everything else is "just stuff". All the "important" things are at his sister's and he isn't concerned about what is at his place. Wish I could feel that way; I know it's just stuff but it's MY stuff.

Work was a bit slow today, since there was no mail delivery. This is going to make it tougher to get all the drop shipment invoices processed tomorrow; we won't be able to start entering them until about 9:00 (after the invoices for the check run have been selected) and there will be a bunch of them. But, since it isn't my sole responsibility to get them entered I'm not stressed. That's one of the things I like about this job - there's no real pressure on me to get everything accomplished. Other than what I put on myself, of course.

One of the members of FoRT has a sig line that I like ....
A good way to train in boxing is to cast a shadow of yourself on a wall, and then spar with it, seeing the way your body moves as you punch. This is called shadow boxing. An even better way is to tie a guy up so he can’t move, and just keep hitting him. This is called punching a tied-up guy.



No comments: