Thursday, November 20, 2008

Getting My Hopes Up

While I was at lunch today, DB came in to the break room. I'm not sure what her actual title is, but she has a somewhat supervisory position in the Accounts Payable department. She told me that she had received some good news this morning - and then told me that JR (her bosses' boss) is pushing to get me hired! Yayayay!! Nothing, of course, is official and it may not come to pass, but I get a little smile every time I think of it. Mentioned it to LM in the Human Resources department (we've become pretty good friends) and she said she was aware of it, but of course couldn't say anything. She says it wouldn't be until after the first of the year because they don't have it in the budget for a new hire in the AP department for 2008; but just the thought of the possibility is a boost. It's one thing to have your co-workers telling you they hope you get hired; it's even better when it is coming from "higher up"!

Thought of lots of things to post about today but can't remember any of them. I'm going to have to ask at work if I could get email access -- then I could send my thoughts home while I'm thinking them. Besides, it would make parts of my job easier if I could email the buyers in the other divisions. Yeah, yeah, that's it ....

Well, the sketti is about ready so I'm going to eat my dinner, then take my shower and get ready for Survivor.

No comments: