Saturday, November 22, 2008

Today - So Far

Had a really fun morning. Met Sis for breakfast at Denny's (chiggin-fried steak 'n' eggs) and then we went to a craft boutique. Spent a couple of hours wandering around (it's a fun boutique, because it is held in a community center so there are lots of little rooms set up, besides the "main room"). Saw a lot of really nice things (and a co-worker, who had a booth there) but only bought 2 pair of Chrismas earrings (for a whopping total cost of $3). We then went to Borders, where I only bought one book. Yes, I'm quite proud of my restraint. Actually, I didn't see any other books that I really wanted and Sis is lending me Inkdeath so I have plenty to read.

Decided to try braving the crowds - went to the $4 theatre and bought a ticket for the 4:15 showing of Twilight. The salesgirl recommended getting there about a half an hour early; not sure if I'll do that or not. After all, how hard will it be to find "one seat together"? After that, I'll go across to El Pollo Loco and buy dinner to bring home.

Oh - and I had an email "from Kristen and Rob" (the stars of Twilight); actually from Summit Entertainment. Apparently they will be making a movie of book two, New Moon. What a surprise ... not.

No comments: