Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight - The Movie (in my opinion)

I went to the movie with, I hope, an open mind. I've had mixed feelings about it since I didn't care for Bella (the protagonist) in the books. Even Edward, the male lead, wasn't my favorite. The character I liked best from the books has a very minor role in Twilight, so wasn't sure what to expect from the movie. I've also read good and bad about the movie - seems people were very thrilled or quite disappointed. So - to my opinion.

Still not a fan of Bella, and Edward was ok - there were a lot of moments that were very dragged out that should have been "quick glimpses". There seemed to be an awful lot of "staring at each other" and "freeze frame" moments that could/should have been eliminated. However, I like the family relationship among the Cullens and would have liked to see a lot more of the rest of the family. Especially Alice, Emmett and Jasper. James was very nice to watch ... and if it doesn't sound too creepy coming from a woman my age, I like Jacob (still) and will look forward to seeing more of him in the sequels. It's kind of sad going to see a love story knowing that you are 9 years older than the dads of the main characters .... and Bella's dad was quite nice to look at. He, also, should have had a bigger role.

All in all I enjoyed the movie and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of giggling and distractions from the teens in the audience. It was also nice to see that I wasn't the only non-teen encumbered "mature" one there.

Unfortunately, this entire post means absolutely nothing to those who I know read it.

No comments: