Sunday, November 23, 2008

It Pays To Look

at your "junk mail". Didn't get around to checking the mailbox yesterday, so I stopped and got the mail this morning before going to Starbucks for breakfast. Actually sat there in a comfy chair and read for close to an hour ... it was nice. Anyway, when I got home I brought in all the mail that has been accumulating in my car. I have a habit of bringing in the "good" mail and leaving the flyers and junk mail in the door pocket for a few days. Sorted through the "junk" and the stuff from yesterday. One of the junk envelopes I was going to through away, unopened, happened to be my replacement ATM card .... d'oh!

Also had a call from FM today; Buster is doing very poorly again - not only is his back right leg really bad but his front left is also quite swollen and he isn't eating well again. FM suggested that I make a trip out to the house and of course I did. This was, quite possibly, my last visit with Buster. And that is all I'd better say on this subject or I won't be able to control my emotions.

Have to figure logistics for getting out to Joshua Tree for Thanksgiving. I'm working on the presumption that FM and I will be driving out together (probably in Henry) and, according to an email I just found in my spam folder, Dad and J would like to ride with us. Not sure how that will work, logistically - I guess they'd all come to my place and we'll leave from here.

Well, I'm going to go and visit FoRT for a little bit. See ya'll later.

No comments: