Monday, November 24, 2008

Email Access FAIL

We receive several types of invoices at work; non-inventory, petty cash/expense reports, inventory shipped to us and "drop ships" - items ordered by us but delivered direct to our customer. Generally when we receive the drop ship invoices they are sent in the overnight bags to the originating division for approval; they are then signed and returned to us for data entry. The last week of each month, however, they are faxed to the branches and someone will call us to verbally give the approval for payment. This was given to me to do today; separate the invoices by branch and fax them, and then receive the approval phone calls.

Trying to be efficient, I went to the reception desk after lunch to see if I had any messages (I don't have email or voice mail set up, so they would have had to take written messages). Well, just as I got to the desk and asked, the phone rang - and it was for me. So I went back to my desk, took the call and started working. Figured MF would have brought me any messages, or called me to let me know I had them. Didn't think any more about it. Had a few branches that didn't call with approvals, so I called them; apparently, they had "left messages" at lunchtime. Hmm. Better go check.

Well, apparently, the phone messages are generally relayed to us via email; and apparently some had been sent to my email box. That I don't have. But apparently I do - at least I'm listed in the directory and the receptionists haven't been getting error messages when they send stuff to me. Someone from IT is going to activate the Outlook on my computer for me this week.

Also found out today that The Girl went and saw Twilight this weekend. Had I known she was interested in seeing it, I would have asked her to go with me. I suppose she probably went with friends, though - while I went alone. She is also reading the book; I told her she could have borrowed mine; but she borrowed one from "a friend". Humph. Guess my usefulness as the lending library is over. LOL! Although I do have the other 3 books in the series ...

No comments: