Sunday, November 2, 2008

Harvest Fair - Day Two

As predicted, today was a much busier day for me. It didn't have to be, but I was enjoying myself and didn't mind. Worked behind the bar most of the day (I was a "Soiled Dove" today, in red jammies borrowed from Duh). I didn't pour the beer because I've never used a keg tap before and didn't want to sell glasses of foam; however, I got pretty good at pouring wine and taking tickets. They did make a very important discovery today while changing out the kegs - yesterday, the lines were crossed so all the "regular" Bud we sold was actually Bud Light, and vice versa. And NOT ONE person noticed! So it apparently doesn't make a lot of difference one way or the other - beer is beer. Although JT said he only had one beer yesterday because the Bud "didn't taste right".

Today's pictures are of a cowboy on his horse (gotta love a cowboy on a horse!) and our two Bartenders, JT & C. Yes, C's eyes are really that pale. They look blue but are actually green. I have a few more pictures on my Flickr site.

So now I am home (and straight into my nightie for comfort). Yes, even after spending all day in jammies I wanted the comfort of my nightie. Should have taken C up on his "offer" of a footrub; although I'm pretty sure that's not what he had in mind. Besides the fact that it wasn't a serious offer - he's a flirt to the highest degree. And he's married.

I was glad to read on Sis' blog that The Boy went over and helped take down the Haunted House. I kind of felt bad that I hadn't helped with any of the preparations or tear-down. I have to learn to not double-commit my time!

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself!