Friday, November 28, 2008

Post T-Day Post

Had a rather leisurely day today. Met The Kids for breakfast (I hope nobody is counting up the number of days that start out with going to breakfast instead of being good and eating at home) at Corky's and then they headed of to go shopping and I came home. Got a call from Duh; she invited me over to help her work on her Christmas gifts project. Wasn't really sure if I wanted to go over but I was feeling very depressed when she called and figured I should get out of the house instead of sitting here alone. So, I went over and we "projected" for a couple of hours. Had fun and got my mind off the depression. We also finished making 4-1/2 of her gifts.

This evening I went to dinner with The Kids and one of my BILs, his wife and kids. FM joined us later; he, apparently, had been out on an audition for doing radio commercial voice-overs! I'm happy for him as it is something he's been wanting to do for a long time. Hope it works out - but he still can't quit his day job. I need the "people who know people" aspect for future Survivor finales!

As to the depression mentioned above - Buster is doing poorly again. His leg was bleeding when FM got home last night so there was a trip to the vet planned for today. I didn't know if he had been or not, or if it would be the "final visit" .... so after talking to Duh I called FM for the info (I was tired of waiting for him to call me). Bubs has an infected leg and is on medication. I feel like I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the last week, and it just really hit hard today. I'm glad that Duh called and got me out of the house. I may go back tomorrow, too - and The Girl and I are planning to see Twilight on Sunday. Yes, we've both already seen it; what's your point?

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

Poor Bubs! Sending good thoughts his way. . .