Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all ...
Started out the day by meeting with The Kids and Ex for breakfast. We were going to go to Corky's but ended up at Richie's since Corky's was closed. Came back to the apartment, where we were joined by Dad and J. We visited for a while and then went our separate ways - The Kids were going to her dad's for T-Day dinner, and the rest of us drove out to my former in-laws. There was a large group there; Pa and Ma, BIL1, BIL2, BIL3 & Wife, SIL & daughter, and BIL5 & Wife and kids. Wow, that's 16 people - add in the 4 dogs and you get a very full house!

Dinner was very good - turkey, stuffing, ham, green bean casserole (the first time I've ever had it!), rolls, and some very weird mashed potatoes. Seems that BIL2 goofed when adding the milk; he used egg nog instead. Needless to say, I didn't care for them. We also had plenty of desserts - apple pie, pumpkin pie, ice cream and my cherry cobbler. Which, I must very modestly note, was a great hit. In fact, I overheard BIL2 say he had 3 servings of cobbler! This was very nice, the fact that he really liked it. But since there wasn't a lot of it (only made an 8x8 pan) there isn't any left over for me to have for breakfast.

Got home about 20 minutes ago and am ready for a rest. Didn't sleep well at all last night so I'm hoping to get a good rest tonight. Now I just have to decide: if Duh calls in the morning, wanting me to go shopping with her -- should I answer my phone or ignore it?

No comments: