Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Night

The gifts have been opened, the dinner has been eaten and I'm back home with my cat. What a fun day this was! It was, as I thought, a little weird not "hosting" the dinner this year, but it was a nice change. I went over early to help with a couple last minute things, and had a chance to spend some time with The Kids.

They ended up with a group of 13 - Dad and J, Sis and Rafe, myself and The Ex from our side of the family and The Girl's brother, grandmother, two uncles and an aunt. It was a little crowded but nobody seemed to mind. And, actually, it wasn't really all that crowded. There was enough seating for everybody and space to walk around so there was plenty of room. The dinner was fantastic (ham, yams, mashed taters, rolls, deviled eggs and snackie things). Plenty of desserts, too ... I'm stuffed!

The Kids seemed pleased with their presents; as was I with my gifties. The kids gave me a nice warm, lightweight jacket and a really nice denim knitting tote, along with a Borders gift card. Also received a Borders card from The Ex, so I'll have plenty of reading opportunities.

Learned a new little poem from The Girl's grandmother: I'm a one drink woman, sometimes two at the most. Three and I'm under the table, four and I'm under the host. LOL

The butter tarts were a big hit with my family; not sure that The Girl's family liked them (or even tried them). They're expecting her dad and stepmom for dinner tomorrow, so maybe they'll have some. If not, I'm sure The Boy will do his best to eat the leftovers.

Speaking of leftovers, I have ham and a large dinner roll for my lunch tomorrow, and enough ham and some yams for dinner, too. Too bad I have to work - I'd rather just stay home and relax. Well, I guess that's what the weekend is for ...

No comments: