Friday, December 26, 2008

A Problem With Henry

Or, to be more accurate - a problem with me! Got ready for work this morning and went out to the car. Unlocked and opened the door, tossed my purse on to the passenger seat, climbed in and started the engine. Turned on the windshield wipers to get rid of the moisture on the windshield only to discover that it wasn't moisture - it was ice. Grabbed a card out of my purse and got out to scrape the windshield. Apparently, being a bit under 5'3" tall makes me not tall enough to scrape any of the windshield that would allow me to drive safely. So I had to turn the defroster on "high" and wait about 5 minutes before I could safely drive to work. Guess I'll have to look for a long-handled ice scraper this weekend. Oh, and not only was the windshield iced up, but the side window was too. I couldn't even open the window; it was frozen shut! I was really glad that I was wearing my new jacket ...

Work was very boring today. There wasn't a whole lot to do, so time dragged. It was worse knowing that almost everyone else I know had the day off - even The Ex, who never takes time off. The only other one that had to work was Rafe. Feel bad for him, but it made me feel better for me. Since things were so slow, I was told to go ahead and leave about 20 minutes early (my time sheet had already been signed and faxed to the agency, but DB said that was fine. It was either go home early or go on the internet until time to leave - those were the choices she gave me, so I opted to leave).

AZ brought in more tamales after lunch today; these were all packaged up in foil and given to us to take home. Yum! Now I don't know if I should have tamales for dinner or my leftover ham and yams. Maybe I'll have one tamale, a slice of ham and the yams... and now I'm hungry.

No comments: