Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good Food Day

Had a nice surprise today - one of the couples at work brought in their "secret pumpkin rolls" today for all to share. Now, mind you - I was told that they stayed up until 3:00 am last night and Tuesday night preparing them. They brought in 8 rolls. Yep, didn't last long. The slice I had was quite good, which is saying a lot since I'm not a fan of pumpkin. But the cake part had only a mild pumpkin flavor and the cream cheese filling was really good.

Then, for lunch, I had home-made enchiladas and Spanish rice. Nope, I didn't make it. One of my co-workers had made a huge batch (she generally makes 5-6 dozen enchiladas at a time) and told me yesterday that she'd bring me some today. They were very good, too ... in fact, almost exactly as I make them except that I didn't have to make them!

I'm bringing cherry cobbler for the work dessert potluck tomorrow, and I've just taken it out of the oven. Sure smells good. I kinda cheated, too ... I have some little egg shaped foil bowls and I made a little individual cobbler to have for dessert tonight. That way I can enjoy everyone else's desserts tomorrow, and still have some of the cobbler.

Leaving you for now with a picture of Little Thing, spying on the neighbors ...

No comments: