Thursday, January 8, 2009

:-)

Didn't have a lot of work to do this morning; in fact, I was worried about having enough to get me through the day. Talked to one of the supervisors before lunch and asked if she thought there was a chance of me being sent home early due to lack of work...if so, I wouldn't take a lunch, finish up what I was doing and then go. Not that I wanted to leave early, but if necessary I would have. Well, she told me to go ahead and take my lunch break and figure out a way to "look busy" this afternoon. She also told me that things will be changing on Monday. One of the ladies in the AP dept is going to be moved "upstairs" and I'll be "moving to her place". This will give me a lot more responsibility. Instead of just entering invoices, I'll have certain vendors that will be my "responsibility". You know, calling for invoices, or to work on problems or whatever. And on check-run days I'll be the one pulling the backups for these vendors and attaching the checks (I think it would be companies that start with the letter "i" through "o"). I don't know if this means I'm going to be hired permanently, although it seems strange to make this kind of a change on a temp basis. I think they'll also have me move to her desk, which will put me in with the rest of the AP dept instead of off to the side. I'm so excited!

No comments: