Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday

For the most part, today was another typical (for me) Saturday. Computered for a while, tidied a bit, read a while, knitted. Finished the awful-orange hat for The Boy and started on another hat for charity. Watched some tv. Just the regular stuff.

I did have a weird phone call this morning ... I didn't recognize the number so I let it go to voice mail. When I checked the message, it kinda freaked me out a bit. Male voice I didn't recognize saying something along the lines of "I hear you're looking for a good time. Call me. Before tonight", and then the call disconnected. I immediately deleted the message (I know, shouldn't have done that) and then, because I was a bit freaked, I went online to try and trace the number through one of the "free" reverse directory sites. Of course, the free part was telling me that the number originated in Riverside. To get any other info, I would have to pay for it. Well, I know Duh lives in Riverside, but I have her number (and Happy's) in my phone, so it would have shown the name if they had called. Decided to wait and see if I got another call (hoping I wouldn't).

So, this afternoon, I get a call from Duh, wondering why I hadn't called them back. It was Happy that called, from his cell. Didn't show on my phone because I had his HOME number programmed in, not the cell. They didn't worry about "scaring" me because Duh knew I had his phone number and that it would show on my phone. Needless to say, I was very relieved! Anyway, they were just confirming whether or not I'd be joining them for the Super Bowl party tomorrow, and I told them that yes, I would.

Met The Boy for dinner tonight; only had a small salad because I had a large, late lunch. It was kinda nice sitting in the restaurant at lunch - eating my sandwich and fries, reading my book and listening to music on the Touch. It was also a nice dinner with The Boy. Bought some cookies to bring home (chocolate chip/walnut) and just had one with some re-heated coffee. Mmmm.

The Boy had a box of old children's books (old books for children, not books for old children) that were his when he was a kid. Yes, my son is old enough to have "old" books. He didn't want them and I told him that I'd like to go through them before they were donated or given away. Besides, knowing him, they might have ended up in the trash (he just doesn't get it) and I didn't want that. Told him I'd give them away after I looked through them. Well, it just so happens that the apartment manager (whom, you may recall, lives across from me) has two small children; and she was very happy when I offered the books to her. I just hope the kids enjoy them.

Well, gonna end here and do a few more rounds on the hat before bed.

No comments: