Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Friday Night

Friday the 13th, to be exact. Had a pretty good day, actually ... had enough work to get me through the day (although with no mail on Monday there may be a problem; but I'll worry about it Monday). The AP department had a small potluck - AZ made fantastic taquitos (she got up at four o'clock this morning to make them); MG made rice and I brought cheese/lettuce/sour cream. SR made perfection brownies, DB brought guacamole and chips and SD brought cupcakes. We also each received a small heart-shaped box of chocolates from AZ and a Valentine's Hershey bar from DB.

JR came by the department just before time for most of us to go home and we were able to talk him in to having a brownie (it didn't really take much, because he's had SR's brownies before) and we all joked around for a bit.

Had an odd conversation with one of my co-workers late this afternoon. He asked if I'm "staying on" or not; I told him I was still a temp and hadn't heard anything different at this point. He made a comment about how I'd already been moved from one desk to a "better one" and that I should tell the boss to hire me or else... I laughed and told him I'd be afraid of being told "there's the door". He kinda chuckled and said that wouldn't happen. So, what's so odd about this conversation? Nothing in and of itself...except for the fact that I think it's the first time he's ever spoken to me. Half the time when I see him, I'm not sure he's even aware of my existence!

Got pictures of my Hattz emailed to the scrapbook coordinator (at least I hope they went through ok) and will try to get to the Post Office tomorrow to send off the hats. I'll probably send them Express mail for the traceability and speed. I'm also about 2/3 of the way finished with the first square for the Heartfail KAL. The picture posted here is at the half-way point (taken last night). The design isn't very easy to see, so I'll try to get a better shot after completion and blocking. The pics of the Hattz are on my Flickr site.

Guess that's about it for tonight.

No comments: