Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

So, another V-Day has come and gone. Well, almost gone, anyway. And I survived it - despite receiving an email Valentine card from the Ex this morning (which was odd and a bit depressing). I met The Kids for brunch and had a patty melt and onion straws (since I don't have to worry about onion breath). They gave me a V-Day card that has a cat's face with big red-foil-wrapped chocolate lips. Kinda scary looking, but funny.

Came home and puttered around a bit; did some knitting, watched some tv. Went to the craft store to get the brown yarn for my second square for the KAL. They didn't have a solid brown in the Wool-Ease (they must not make solid brown, because I haven't found it at any of the stores) but found a nice mocha in Bernat Satin. After getting home, I finished the first square (except for blocking it). I watched Princess Bride (which, for some reason, had parts cut from it and odd music/sound effects added - don't know if that's something Bravo always does or if it was "special" for Princess Bride). Didn't enjoy the movie as much as I would have if they had only left it alone. I've also started knitting square 2 and have completed 12 rows.

Tomorrow I'm invited to a NASCAR party with Duh and Happy. Haven't decided for sure if I'm going; I think it will depend on the weather since I'll have to drive home afterwards and don't want to drive in the rain.

And that's about it for my Valentine's Day. Hope all the millions of readers (haha, this means you, Sis) had a happy day.

No comments: