Monday, April 6, 2009

Post Office Frustration

So, the copy of Twilight that was supposed to have been canceled was delivered to my mailbox on Saturday. Well, not MY mailbox because it didn't fit, so it was put into one of the "parcel boxes" and the key left for me. The key doesn't turn in the lock; I think the box is too close to the door and is blocking the latch. Called the PO today to ask what to do about it ... well, apparently the parcel boxes are loaded from the front, not the back like the regular mail boxes. I have the "only" key; so I need to leave it in my mailbox in the morning so the postal carrier (who had a very rude attitude on the phone) can try and get my parcel for me. And she better not take it back to the PO and expect me to go pick it up; this is a lot of PITA for an item that's going to be returned.

Picked up my copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (why do I keep typing that as "Jombies"?) today, and will probably start reading it in a couple of days. I'd like to get a little further into Wizard's First Rule first. Supposed to be re-reading Twilight for a read-along, too. That's a lot of reading! I'm sure I can handle it ...

And - today I received my surprise from one of the Rav ladies -- she sent me a skein of hand-dyed yarn! The colorway is called "Charlie Swan" and is absolutely gorgeous. He is 440 yards of fingering weight sock yarn - 70% Merino, 30% Silk. I feel guilty accepting it; but I know she'd be hurt if I returned it. I don't know that I'll ever knit anything with it, but it is beautiful. So - with no further ado - may I present Mr Charlie Swan:

No comments: