Thursday, April 9, 2009

Post Office and DMV

Why do we have to deal with these agencies? Why? And again I ask .... WHY?

I realized that the DMV never sent me the registration renewal notice for Henry. I know that I got him in April, thought it was near the end of the month. Went to work today and decided to check the date on the registration, just in case. Figured I could call DMV and find out what the fees would be and maybe get it paid early. I've been dreading having to pay it, since word is that the registration fees were doubling as of April 1. So, as I mentioned, I decided to check the date on my current registration. Um, make that expired registration. As of yesterday. Darn.

Decided to pay the fees online. Oh, wait - can't do that because you have to have the ID number from the renewal notice. That I don't have. Called DMV and after transferring around in the auto attendant stuff and being on hold for about 10 minutes, finally spoke to a "real person". Told her I need to know the ID number and the charges so I could pay online. She couldn't tell me the ID number without me having the renewal notice (?????), but if I still had the one from last year the number would be the same. Yeah, because I kept that. Anyway, I was happy to discover that the registration fees were only $10 higher than last year. Bad news? There was also a $32 late fee. For one freakin' day. Needless to say, I stopped AAA on the way home and paid the fees.

Started reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies while at AAA and I think I'm going to like it...

So then I got home and checked the mail; I want to get that darned package returned so I can get my money refunded. Huh, no key in the mailbox. Called the Post Office and after spending about 5 minutes explaining the situation to the woman that answered the phone, my call was transferred to a supervisor. Who could tell me absolutely nothing. She doesn't know if the repair guy came out to fix the lock, or when they'd be able to get the mailbox open. This is extremely frustrating, to say the least.

And now, I'm gonna go because Survivor is on.

No comments: