Saturday, May 9, 2009

"Camping"

I was invited to spend the day (well, the weekend, actually) camping with Duh, Happy and some of their friends. I drove out there about 11:00 this morning and got home around 8:45. Didn't really do much of anything; it was a nice, relaxing day. We were a group of 10; most of them played cards for most of the afternoon; one of the other ladies had a book so I brought mine out and read for quite a while (and joined in on conversations, of course). Had bbq hot dogs, au gratin potatoes, beans and salad for dinner. Everyone seemed really pleased that I joined them (they always make me feel welcome, actually) and it makes me feel that I should do more with the group.

Supposed to be meeting Sis at the antique stores in Orange tomorrow but we never set up a meeting place or time. We generally meet in front of the coffee place at around 10:00 - I'll have to call her (or she'll call me) in the morning to confirm things.

And now I'm kinda tired (all the fresh air and sunshine did me in) so I think I'll head off to sleep.

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

Camping, what fun! Ralph & I haven't gone camping in months. 10:00 at the coffee shop sounds good. See you then! PS--Ralph will be with us for a bit--wants to go to the Navy surplus--but not all day.