Friday, May 8, 2009

And It's Friday Again

It has been somewhat politely pointed out to me that I haven't posted in almost a week. This is due (in part) to the fact that I've been reading, and brain sucking, and beta'ing and brainstorming and even doing some knitting. Had a nice long chat the other day with The Author in family; we discussed his book, among other subjects. I was very happy to be able to tell him, truthfully, that I enjoyed the book. And no, I wouldn't have lied if I hadn't liked it ... but I would have felt bad telling him that.

Work is still going slow; not getting as many invoices on a daily basis and it's sometimes tough to look busy in the afternoons. Which is what the boss tells us to do .... look busy. Keep papers on the desk, make it look like we're working. And when he signed my time card this afternoon, he said, "See you Monday" which is always a good sign. At least *I* think so! Of course, he could always have the agency call me over the weekend and tell me not to show up, but I don't think he'd do that; he said he'd give me warning if it came to me being let go.

Some not-so-happy news to report: The Girl's grandmother is in the hospital in Phoenix. Her "man friend" was having trouble getting her to wake up on Tuesday, so he called the Paramedics. After having some tests, they determined that she has lymphoma, and they started chemo today. The Kids drove out today to spend the weekend in Phx with the rest of the family.

So - that is my post for the day. And probably for the week. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go visit Duh while she's "camping". They are only a few miles away, and in motor homes, so it isn't like real camping, but they enjoy it. And she's always inviting me to join them when they go, so I feel like I should make the effort. Especially since they're so close by and all...

And Sunday will be spent antique store hopping with Sis. We haven't done that in ages, and I'm hoping for some "finds" this time around. We shall see!

No comments: