Sunday, June 7, 2009

Froggy Sunday

Had a great time today. Went out to visit Sis for some knitting and visiting and a trip to the yarn store. She needed to get some DPNs to continue a project she's working on (a really, really adorable Loch Ness Monster!). She also got yarn for a couple of other projects she has planned. I was a good girl and didn't buy anything. Of course, after getting home and logging on to Ravelry, I discovered that one of the ladies that hand-dyes yarn is coming up with a new colorway. I may or may not have asked her to reserve a hank for me ...

Having problems with the project I'm currently working. Had to frog it yesterday; messed up again and was hoping Sis could help me fix it (well, ok - I was hoping she could fix it!) but ended up frogging most of it again. I have now been able to get past the sections that were giving me so many problems. However, I have to do the two sections over and over until the piece measures 15" (and it is currently at about 2-1/2" so that leaves plenty of opportunity for more knitting FAIL.

Sis was also kind enough to wind two skeins of yarn for me ... the Killer Heels and Charlie Swan colorways. They were gorgeous as skeins, and are even more so as "cakes". Now to come up with projects worthy of the yarn, that I might actually be able to do justice to ...

No comments: