Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sheesh

I haven't posted anything all week ... surprised I haven't heard complaints from my "multitude of reader"! Not really much to say tonight, either ... Let's see. I don't remember what I did on Sunday so it must not have been anything to exciting. Probably laundry, or something equally thrilling. Oh, I went to a new restaurant with The Kids for dinner ... an Argentinian place. We shared a pizza and an order of empanadas.

Monday was work, just the usual paying of the bills. Been having a lot of trouble with itchy skin so I ended up going to lunch early to buy some Benadryl. Seems to be helping. I did remember that it was the first Monday of the month, so I took advantage of the "buy one meal, get one free" offer at the Mexican restaurant nearby. Got 2 orders of chicken and sour cream enchiladas, which lasted for four meals. Tuesday was taco night, which is always good. It was just The Girl and I. Didn't get much sleep, which was a bummer. Started out not sleeping well and finally dozed off only to be awakened by some people having a very loud argument out in the parking lot. I was debating whether or not to call the police (figured the neighbors upstairs would call - I knew at least one of 'em was up because I heard him open the window). Just as I was deciding that maybe I should call, the argument ended. That was around 2:00. Then - at about 3:00 - there was a huge, rolling thunder which woke me. After that I didn't really get back to sleep until almost 5:00. I get up at 6:00 .... needless to say, Wednesday wasn't one of my more "awake" days. Didn't sleep well Wednesday, either.

Let's see. What else ... I've done some reading, and some tv watching (or listening to the tv, anyway). Chatted online with friends (didn't go to bed until after 11:30 on Thurs, totally lost track of time!)

Was going to go to the movies this afternoon (it has been highly recommended that I see Star Trek, so I figured heck, why not). Went to the bank, and as I was getting ready to leave it started raining. I really didn't want to drive home in the rain after the movie so I just went to the grocery store, got some chicken and mac salad and ice cream (Ben & Jerry's Mission to Marzipan ... quite yummy) and, when I came out of the store there was no rain. Since I didn't have time to take the food home and then get to the theatre on time, so I just came home and watched Dirty Dancing on tv.

I've also done some knitting this week; had to take most of it out and start over because I mis-read the pattern. It's been going very well today - up until about 10 minutes ago when I somehow totally messed it up. Hoping Sis can help me fix it tomorrow as I don't want to have to frog it again.

And - that about sums up the week.

No comments: