Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fun Saturday

Yesterday started out as a typical Saturday ... up early, coffee, computer, tv ... waiting for The Kids to be ready to meet for breakfast. Went to Corky's (tried something different, had the beefeater minus the Ortega chili). The Kids were going to drive down to San Diego to look at a truck and invited me to join them. Debated with myself for about half a minute (road trip vs laundry) and decided to go for the drive.

The truck was a bit of a disappointment. Well, more the dealership than the truck itself; the place was kind of scuzzy-looking and The Girl and I were ignored as if we weren't even there. The Boy really liked the truck, it was everything he was looking for. Unfortunately, it apparently wasn't done correctly so there were rub marks on the suspension. When The Boy mentioned this to the salesman (and, eventually, 2 other guys) they were unconcerned and said it didn't matter. Well, I wouldn't have known one way or the other, but The Boy was less than pleased with the response.

We then drove around downtown SD for a while, and went to Horton Plaza (I think that's what it's called) to see the movie "Up". Which, by the way, I highly recommend. It was sad (in quite a few places) but funny overall. We then drove to the Gaslamp district for dinner (because Corvette Diner is closed for relocation). Went to a really, really good Mexican restaurant where the tortillas are very fresh and extremely yummy. After dinner we walked around a bit and then headed for home. I think I got in at about 11:15 or so .... checked in on Rav and then off to sleep.

And - as a side note - I knitted a couple of rounds of my sock while driving down to SD. Backseat of a truck, very darkly tinted windows, traveling on the freeway. Does this count as "knitting in public"? lol

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

Corvette Diner is moving? Where to?