Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy "Fathead's" Day

Don't remember exactly what the card said, but years ago Sis gave Dad a card that mentioned "Fathead's Day" (I'm picturing Vikings on the card, for some reason). Anyway, ever since then, it is what we've called Father's Day. The plan for the day is to meet out at Dad's (Sis and Rafe, The Girl and I) and order pizza for dinner. I had kinda thought about making something to bring, instead, but what I want is enchiladas, and I know that J won't eat them. So - pizza it is. And I'm really ok with that, because the place Dad orders from has really, really good pizza. I am, however, bringing a cake because I've been craving it for too long now. And yes, I had some cake at work on Friday but it didn't satisfy the craving. Add to that the fact that I had already mentioned it to Sis and ... well, I'm bringing a cake. It is all baked and frosted and sitting on the table, waiting to go. Just hope I don't forget it ... maybe I'll put my keys on the container. Yes, that ought to work.

Didn't have any plans for yesterday, which ended up being a good thing. The Girl and I met for breakfast (The Boy has to work all weekend, bummer) and, while we were talking she asked if I wanted to join her and her friend M for "dinner and a movie". I decided what the heck and said yes. I had such a Great Time! We met at Red Robin around 3:00 for an early meal (mmmm, French onion soup) and talked and giggled a lot. Wandered around the mall for a couple of hours and then went to the theatre.

Driving over, The Girl asked M if she had seen the movie "Up", which it turns out she had. M said that we were the only ones she knew who had also seen it, and her friends just didn't get it when she would, randomly during a conversation, say ... and we all yelled "Squirrel"! It was really rather hilarious at the time ... anyway, I wasn't sure about the movie we planned on seeing ... "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. I really like her, though, so figured it would be ok. Well -- let me just say that I laughed like a fool during the entire movie. It was just hilarious. I highly recommend that everyone see this movie.

The only bad part of the day was towards the very end. M's aunt joined us for the movie. While we were waiting, both The Girl and M left for a couple of minutes, which is when I realized that the Aunt and I had no idea what each other looked like ... so I watched for single ladies that were entering the theatre (we had the first 4 seats in the front row, which made it easy to keep an eye out). Didn't see anyone that looked like she'd be the Aunt. So, M comes back, looks around and spots her aunt sitting in the back row. Well, I had seen this lady when she came in, but didn't figure M's aunt would be about 25 or so. Joke was on me ... she's about my age. I'd swear she looks 25. So after the movie, when M told me her aunt's age ... kinda made me feel old because I definitely can't pass for 25. ::sigh::

We did, however, decide that this should be a monthly event and are planning for Harry Potter in July. Although I'll probably see it before we do the Girl's Night because M won't be available until later in the month. OH - and the trailer for New Moon? Totally awesome on the big screen. The fursplosion* is fabulous.

And now I'm listening to the Top 20 Countdown on CMT and eating a bagel .... just an exciting morning.

*the transformation from Man to Wolf

No comments: