Sunday, June 14, 2009

WWKIP Day

Yesterday was World Wide Knit In Public Day. Actually, the WWKIP event was this weekend, and will continue next weekend. Although I did get some knitting done this evening, I failed to do any knitting in public. I'm pleased with how my Quant is turning out, though, and I think the yarn I'm using was a perfect choice. Or - the pattern was the perfect choice for the yarn ... I'm using the Wide Awake colorway hand-dyed by Squibstitcher from Ravelry. Yes, this is the yarn that I was making a little pillow with; it was frogged because I decided I didn't want that small of a pillow. I'm glad I did.

Spent the day with Duh, Happy and The Boy yesterday. Boy and I went to breakfast, stopped by an Army Surplus store and then went to Duh & Happy's so he would fix their computers. Yes, plural. He worked on 2 desktops and 2 laptops. He was going to set up my printer for me but since we didn't get home until about 10:00 pm, the printer was postponed until today.

After breakfast today, The Kids and I came back to my place and The Boy set up my printer ... and replaced all the color ink cartridges for me. I printed out the latest chapter of the story I'm beta'ing and then we left to go to REI and Bass Pro Shops. Not the most exciting of shopping trips, but I went along to keep The Girl company. After they dropped me back at my place, I printed out the stuff my brother sent to me. Most of it, anyway. It's a 68 page document. My black ink ran out after page 50. I have no spare black ink cartridges. So, I guess I get to go to Staples after work tomorrow for black ink. Oh, and I should take the empty color cartridges with me; they give a refund for the empties.

Anyway, spent some time online tonight (of course), beta'd the chapter and sent it back, and did some knitting. Now my eyes are tired and I think I'll be heading to bed.

No comments: