Thursday, August 20, 2009

This has been a kind of cranky week. Actually considered staying in bed on Tuesday. No particular reason, just didn't want to get up. And I know it's because this is my last week at work, but I didn't feel like that on Monday or yesterday (or today, for that matter). The only reason I got up and went to work on Tuesday is because I would have felt guilty going to Tacos later if I "played possum". Sad, pathetic, but true.

So yesterday, my supervisor DB and I are called in to see her supervisor, KL. Apparently, my coworker who is supposed to be returning tomorrow (hence the reason it's my last day) does NOT have a release from her doctor yet. She has an appointment tomorrow, and is planning on demanding that he let her return to work. So I have been asked if, on the off-chance he doesn't release her, I would be willing to continue working there on a day-by-day basis until she can come back. Of course I said yes ... and now things are undecided until after AZ's doctor's appointment tomorrow. And of course I don't know what time that is ...

They are still taking me out for my good-bye lunch tomorrow, because KL feels that, if it's postponed until we know for sure, and we don't find out until too late to go to lunch, I won't meet them at a later date for the good-bye lunch. She's probably right ...

And would you believe that I found out on Sunday that Sis and Rafe are off on vacation this week? She didn't even tell me she was going away ...

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

i *thought* I told you. Anyway we're back now & I'm posting pics on both Blogger & Flickr.