Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Last Week


Let's see ... the last week or so. Spending time on the job search (yuck!) and housework. I really need to start going through some of the storage tubs of stuff and deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. I should also sort books ... but I'm not sure I'll be getting to that any time soon.

Went to a small "1st Annual" Renaissance Faire with Duh and Happy on Saturday. Other than it being rather hot out, it was a really nice day. I borrowed an outfit from Duh ... wasn't completely "period" but I think I looked ok. There weren't a lot of vendors, but they stuff they were selling was really nice. There were a couple booths that we spent a lot of time at ... the vendors were so much fun to talk to! I was going to buy a tankard (because it felt silly to walk around carrying the plastic Budweiser cup) but the ones we were looking at were pewter - and expensive. Happy bought Duh a really pretty pewter necklace. And a tankard for me. Yeah, I couldn't believe it, either.

Met a couple of Happy's friends from when he used to work the Faire; spent most of the day hanging out at the Mariners Guild. Had an absolute blast - great conversation, lots of laughs, and even tried a couple of micro-brew beers that were really good. It was a lot of fun watching Happy, too, because he was "in character", which meant he was a little bawdier than he normally would be.

No comments: