Sunday, September 20, 2009

Post 601

Just realized, this is post #601. Yes, I know ... it would have made more sense to "commemorate" post #600. And I would have, had I known at the time that it was, indeed, a "memorable" post. Not that the post itself was all that great, of course ... but you know what I mean.

It's been another long time since I posted anything. Not a whole lot to write about, as usual. Let's see what I can remember ...

Yesterday was National Talk Like a Pirate Day, and Sis and Rafe had a pirate-themed party. She had a pretty good turn-out, I think, although I know she was disappointed that there weren't more people there. Not many of us dressed up, either ... well, maybe about half of us. I borrowed some stuff from Duh. I'd post a picture, but -- nobody took any. Well, The Boy took one of me, while I was sitting on the couch. It doesn't show off the costume, of course. LM from work was able to make it, and Duh and Happy were there. Food was good, conversation was fun ... had a really good time.

Last Thursday was the first night for Survivor: Samoa. I'm not so sure about the person I picked ... he's a rocket scientist (really, he is) but ... when the first part of the first challenge was swimming, he Left His Jeans On. Yeah, swimming in wet, heavy denim. Not the smartest move he could have made; the other guy swam faster, and my guy (John) was exhausted at the end of the lap. Then, in the immunity challenge, when he had to run ... he took the jeans off. Of course, they were probably stiff and uncomfortable from being in the ocean.

One of the guys on the show this season is really evil. I mean, not "I hate Coach" evil, or Jonny Fairplay evil ... he is just ... mean and nasty and needs to leave. So, of course, he's going to be on the show for a long time. Some of his more "endearing" acts? First night in camp, he drank/dumped out all the water in the canteens, and burned some of the socks that were hanging by the fire to dry. Yeah -- his own tribe members' socks and water.

Anyway, Sis' team won the reward challenge (fire) and my team won immunity, so the score is:
Sis $.50
Me $.50

Last Sunday, I went to Social Club with Duh and Happy. The theme for the day was "The Fifties", so I borrowed a poodle skirt from Duh. I know, I know -- I have no "themed" clothes, and she has a bunch, so I borrow hers. Anyway, this skirt was floor-length and made of felt. Let's just say I was miserably hot the entire day. Had a good time; and Happy paid for my membership as a belated birthday present. I objected, because they had already given me stuff for my birthday, but he said that the other gifts were from Duh, this was from him. Nice, huh?

Anyway, I think that's about it for now ... we now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress.

No comments: