Monday, December 21, 2009

Persistence Pays Off

The Survivor show was fantastic. We had a great time (even The Kids, I think, who didn't watch the show). Got to CBS early enough that F was able to take us on a tour. I've seen it, of course, but LM, MM and A seemed interested. They especially liked the Price Is Right stuff. We then went over to the Farmer's Market for an early dinner -- we went to the same restaurant that we had gone to last year, but the service wasn't nearly as good as what we'd had before. Yeah, last year on of the meals arrived really late, but the waiter was really nice and tried his best to resolve the problem. Yesterday, my cheeseburger didn't arrive until everyone else was just about done eating ... and we only saw the waiter 2 times during that wait ... I wasn't pleased.

Then -- the show. It's always so much fun watching the 2-hour finale episode in a room full of fans! Afterward, we were standing out in the parking lot, talking to F (and kinda keeping an eye on the car that The Boy said was Jeff Probst's). F said, "There's Jeff," and suggested that I walk over and ask for a picture or something. Well, you know me -- I couldn't do that -- so F called over to him, and asked if we could get a picture. Jeff said yes .... (insert fangirl squee here) ... and I'll be posting the picture in the next couple of days, because I don't like how I look in the one taken with my camera, so I'm going to wait until LM can email me the one from hers ...

But --- I got my picture taken with Jeff, after years of going to the Finale show!

2 comments:

Susan T-O said...

Slow service two years in a row? Man, if the food wasn't so awesome I'd say eat somewhere else next year.

And I wasn't gonna say it, but since you already did--yeah, that's not the most flattering shot of you I've ever seen. . .

Susan T-O said...

Yes, that's a much better picture :-)