Tuesday, October 23, 2007

First Day

Well, the first day at the job seemed to go all right. The company started a new computer system back in April, and things haven't been the same since. The AR accounts are all a mess. I spent the day printing invoices and bills of lading, comparing the quantities and prices, and then verifying the price in the computer. Haven't finished the first stack yet; it is one day of invoicing for one customer. Just the ones with payment discrepancies. Seems like pricing errors on all of them; there are 3 products in particular (that I've come across) where the pricing is way off between what was billed and what should have been billed. Should keep me busy for a while.

I'm not sure I'd want to keep the job as a permanent one, though. It is a very quiet office. Quite a few people working in the department where I am, but there is no chit-chat, no radio, nothing but the ticking sound of computer keys. I don't like that kind of atmosphere; I work better with a bit of noise around.

Oh, well; it gets me out of the house and pays better than unemployment ...

No comments: