Friday, May 9, 2008

End of the Work Week

Well, today was a much better day at work than yesterday had been. Apparently, the website for Medi-Cal is very picky, so when I was typing in the patient ID using a lowercase letter, it wanted an uppercase letter. After finding this out, I was able to get status on quite a few of the claims I was checking on. Made a big difference in my "feeling of worth", that's for sure! I figure yesterday was a completely wasted work day. I should have just stayed home! Of course, they wouldn't have paid me for that and I will get paid for being there yesterday. And I did accomplish a little bit, just not as much as I would have liked.

Got a nice long email from AJo today. Guess her life has been pretty tough since high school, although she sounds as though she is happy now. It would be nice if we could get together and talk sometime soon, but I don't see that happening in the near future. I know I can't afford to go to Texas, and wouldn't want to ask her to come out here (since I don't know her financial situation). We'll have to make do with emails for now!

Tomorrow is the Chocolate Festival in Encinitas. Hopefully, it'll be a lot nicer than the one we went to last year in Ventura. Hopefully, it'll actually have some chocolate and not be just another craft fair. It could be a bit expensive, since the tickets are $.50 each, and the price range is from 2-5 tickets per "taste". Added to the $10 admission, it won't be a cheap day. However, it'll be fun. And, even if they festival isn't very interesting, the Botanical Gardens should be! So, it's kind of a twofer day.

Older Bro moved into his new apartment this week, and sent a couple of pictures. He's getting settled in, and it looks like a nice place. I hope he'll be happy there, and get a lot of writing done. This means there's a bedroom available at Younger Bro's place in case one of his daughters wants to move in. I know my elder niece will be moving to Colorado after her b-day, and the younger niece doesn't want to move again, but I hope she'll change her mind.

Anyway, I'm going to end for now and do some knitting. I think I'll start on a Meathead hat.

No comments: