Friday, May 23, 2008

Stupid Drivers

Ok, I only work about 7 miles from home. You wouldn't think that would give much opportunity for seeing stupid drivers. However, I saw TWO of them in the space of about a mile or so today!

First: 2 lanes of northbound traffic. I'm in the outside lane. Traffic light ahead has cars stopped in both lanes. Ambulance coming up from behind. What does the idiot in the other lane do? Yep, you got it. Drives right on up, and stops in the left turn lane and completely blocks the ambulance until the southbound traffic passes by.

Next: I make my turn, heading eastbound. Car leaves the parking lot to head east. The driver pulls into the center divider lane, drives up a little ways and signals a left turn. Goes into the inside lane for the westbound traffic to wait until he or she can complete the turn.

On a good note, the boss let us leave early today! I would have been able to leave at 4:15 anyway, because I went in a bit early, but we were "let go" at 3:30! Fortunately, the rain had stopped by then because I cleaned out my desk. No, I'm not fired. They're going to be fumigating this weekend and I didn't want to leave food, dishes, etc to get poisonized. Poisonated? Yeah, I like poisonated better. And now I am home, watching the Ellen Degeneres Show.

Wore my "Wicked" shirt today - which, of course, only made me want to see the play (again) even more than I already did. So, here's a YouTube video of "Defying Gravity" for your enjoyment.

No comments: