Saturday, June 28, 2008

Another Do-Nothing Day

Met The Kids and Hubby for breakfast. Tommy was supposed to have eggs Benedict for us today, but he said he wasn't sure if we were coming today or tomorrow and he didn't make the sauce. *sigh* We didn't have to pay for Hubby's breakfast, because it's his birthday today, which was nice. I had planned on paying for him, but Tommy took care of it for us. That was really very nice of him. Came back home, napped a little, read a lot, watched some tv. Had ice cream for dinner again. Planning on going to the house in the morning to do my laundry, mostly so I can visit the critters. Hubby will be at work so I'll have the place to myself. Well, myself and the critters.

There's a "grand re-opening of the pool" party here tomorrow, from noon until two. Not sure if I want to go or not. I'm not much for socializing amongst people I don't know (and yes, I'm aware that I can't get to know them if I don't socialize!) and especially since it'll be out in the heat and sun. My face is breaking out, too, which makes me too self-conscious to go. See, I just talked myself into not going!

Got an email from Big Bro today, which included several pics from his daughter's wedding. I'd post one or two of them, but he is pretty big on privacy so I don't think I should. Sounds like it was a great day - everything was impromptu. The bride looked beautiful, and they both looked so happy. Big Bro looked happy, too ... wish I could have been there, but VA is a bit of a drive. Next on the calendar will be the birth of Big Bro's two grandsons (one due 8/11 - nephew & wife, the other on 8/30 - niece & hubby).

No comments: