Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Gave Dad a call, but he wasn't at J's. He has gone over to her daughter's place for an F-Day brunch. J wasn't able to go because she is waiting for her grandson to come over and fix the air conditioner. I told her that THAT hardly seems fair and she agreed. We had a nice little chat, and I'll try calling Dad again later. Oh, and the card arrived early!!

The memorial for Auntie Lee is this week, and they are expecting a lot of people. J says that Dad has done all the planning and organizing, and even made the invitations and envelopes himself. He's also putting together a scrapbook of some of Lee's pictures for people to look through. He may have himself a new hobby! I asked J if there were any unused invitations because I'd like to have one and she said that if there aren't she's sure Dad would be happy to make one for me. I know the memorial is going to be very hard for Dad ... she was his last surviving sibling. I'm glad that he has been busy, and was able to have a little bit of enjoyment in the process. Auntie Lee wouldn't have wanted him to grieve.

No comments: