Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mild Migraine Day

Met with Hubby for breakfast at the restaurant where Tommy is now the manager. He doesn't have the Eggs Benedict yet, but promised it as the special for next weekend. We both ordered the chili and cheese omelette with a side of biscuits and gravy. The omelette and gravy were good, as were the fried taters. Didn't care for the biscuit; it was kind of gummy. It was really great to see Tommy, though, and we are so happy that he has a new place!

I was supposed to join Duh and some of her friends at a pool party/bbq this afternoon, but by the time I got home from breakfast I was fighting the beginnings of a migraine. I texted to let her know, and then napped on the couch. That seemed to help, although there is still a mild achy-ness hanging around.

Spent most of the afternoon knitting. Decided to make a Scottie dog. I have a bunch of sock yarn that's been hanging around, waiting for me to get the urge to knit socks (and I already have one sock done for each of 2 pair for when that urge hits) so I decided to make the pup. Besides, I had to use this yarn for a Scottie - it isn't a "classic" Scottie color, but it is called Bark (Knit Picks Palette yarn). He is turning out ok, so far ... but I don't understand why the left side and right side don't match. I followed the pattern precisely. Anyway, here's the pup so far.

Note: The safety pins are marking the place where the underside will be joined to the upper body, and the straight pins are just to keep it flat on the floor.

And now, I'm watching one of my favorite Nicolas Cage movies - "Con Air". Probably not the most relaxing movie for a migraine day, but I like it. Guess I should eat something for dinner, too. Maybe the leftover pizza and then some so-called iced cream.

No comments: