Friday, July 11, 2008

Feeling Smug and Productive

Well, I don't know how many invoices I entered yesterday, but I know it was a heck of a lot of 'em. This morning, Maddy told me that she is the one who verified them today - and I had 100% accuracy! Every invoice number, date, dollar amount, and freight amount were correct. I thanked her for letting me know, and then told her she was really putting the pressure on, since I could only get worse from there! It was nice of her to tell me.

Did another huge stack of invoices today. There was one that was entered as one receipt, but there were 4 invoices for it. And of course, the invoices didn't total the receipt amount. Well, I went through and verified all the receipts (a couple had incorrect quantities, and a couple weren't on any of the invoices). So, Sherry showed me how to go in and correct the ones that were wrong. I then had to "split" the receipt invoice by invoice. Easy to do, just compare the invoice to the computer record and change the indicator from "y" to "n", and then process that invoice. Oh - did I mention - there were over 120 lines on the receiver?? I was quite pleased with myself after I had it all processed.

According to Chad at the agency, he says I should plan on being at this job for "more than a month". I don't know if that's official from the company or just what he feels at this time. Also received my unemployment paperwork in the mail today. Not the actual "fill this out and return for payment" paperwork, but the ones verifying claim info. I'm going to go ahead and file for Monday and Tuesday, when the forms arrive.

Stopped for gas near work, since the price was about 20 cents per gallon less than it is at home. Just as I pulled up to the pump, the gas light came on. Timing is everything!

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like this job is more satisfying than the one you had before. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!