Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Tale of the Scottie

No, not the "tail", although it is half done. And no, it isn't dun. It's bark. Knit Picks Palette Bark, to be exact.

Anyway - it may seem as though it is taking me a long time to finish knitting this poor little dog. The truth of the matter is, I lost the Ziploc containing the yarn, needles and completed pieces. Found it tonight and decided to work on it during 5th Grader. As I may (or may not) have mentioned, I had already completed 2 of the 4 ear pieces (2 fronts, 2 backs). That means I only need 2 more, right? Well, if that is true, why have I made 5 of the silly things tonight? First off, when following the pattern and you get to the end of the piece - where it says "Work 3 tog and fasten off", you only have 2 stitches left. How can this be? I didn't have that problem when working the first two. So, you frog the ear (doesn't knitting make for some odd sentences??) and start over. Same problem. Frog again. Oh, wait - that is the ending for the TAIL pieces, not the ears! *sigh* And then when you knit the row you are supposed to purl, you end up with an odd ridge in the ear. Needless to say, I'm glad the ears are finished. Now I just have to do the other tail piece, and the four soles, and put him together! Better go buy that fiberfill...

1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

Can't wait to see him all "finched" up!