Thursday, July 31, 2008

Month End

Wow - month-end at this company is a lot nicer than it was at Boyd. No worries about having to stay late (in fact, I got off work about 3:45 today). An awful lot of data entry, but not too bad. Lunch was yummy; and one of the guys bought a bunch of strawberries and grapes from the "fruit truck" and put them in the break room for everyone this morning. All in all, a pretty good day, for work.

Called DMV after I got home, because my driver's license expires on my birthday. Never got the notification in the mail, and according to the website I can't renew my license online because I did my address change online. Figured I would see if I could mail in for the renewal. Nope - I have to go in and update stuff (I think the picture on my license is about 20 years old, so it's about time, I guess). Of course, the DMV near my place only has Saturday hours once a month -- for August, it will be the week after my birthday. And the soonest I could make an appointment would be 2 days after. So, I've got an appointment next Thursday at the Pomona office. I'll have to leave work early, but it should be ok.

The Boy came by this evening to do laundry, and The Girl came over when she finished shopping. We picked up dinner at the Mexican restaurant at the corner. I couldn't finish mine, so I have a chicken & sour cream enchilada and some beans and rice for lunch tomorrow. Had a nice time with The Kids; and The Boy has posted a bunch of his photos from Comic-Con, if you want to have a look.

Anyway, that's it for today.

No comments: