Friday, August 1, 2008

Timing Is Everything

Just after leaving work today, I received a text message from F to let me know that he has the new proof of insurance cards, and we made arrangements that I would get mine from him on Sunday. I continue driving along, and come to an intersection with a four-way stop. I make my stop, wait until I see that the cross traffic is also stopping, and when it is my turn I continue on into the intersection. I am thisclose to being through when the dingbat to my right decides to make a right-hand turn. She came closer than I would have believed possible to Henry without actually making contact, and only stopped because I was honking the horn. Probably the closest I've come to being involved in an accident without there actually being contact. Whew!

That was exciting in and of itself - and then I got home to find an email from Big Bro to let me know that S&J have a new baby boy - Nicholas Montgomery, born this morning at 4:2o EST. He weighed in at 6 lb 6oz, and a nice 19.5 inches long. Mommy and baby are reported to be doing fine. This brings the grandchild count for Big Bro to 1 girl, 2 boys and one more boy on the way, due any day now.

No comments: