Saturday, October 25, 2008

Half Of The Weekend

The first half of the weekend is over, and I'm heading to bed soon. Had breakfast with FM, The Kids, Duh and Happy - met at about 9:30 (of course, I was the only one on time). After eating, I joined Happy and Duh at the apartment to "do more packing", although not much got done. He played computer games and we sorted a few books (into boxes of "read" and "to be read"). Also emptied about half of the clothes closet and filled a medium-sized box with shoes. Tomorrow will be the rough day; getting all the furniture packed up into the truck to go to storage. Of course, Happy and his friend C will be doing most of that. I think their friend T is going to be helping, too. Don't know how much lifting she can/will do, but we should probably leave most of that to the men. Too bad there are only going to be the two of them (that I know of).

The next weekends are set aside for the Harvest Festival, and I'm supposed to be going out there with Duh. I'm going to be meeting with her sometime this week to try on 1890's-type clothes to wear. This is a charity event, so hopefully there will be a large crowd. We'll be working in the saloon, so hopefully it won't be too hot and I won't have to worry about sunburn. And - hopefully - my stupid lips will clear up before the weekend. I wasn't even in the sun much last weekend although I was outside a lot. But my lips decided I needed cold sores anyway. Between that and the psoriasis, they'll probably put me in the leper colony instead of the saloon.

Well, it's getting on towards ten o'clock and it will probably be a busy day tomorrow. I'll say "g'night" for now.

2 comments:

Susan T-O said...

You are actually going to go out and DO something? I may faint from the shock.

SR5Rfan said...

Hey, I did something LAST weekend and you didn't faint.