Friday, November 7, 2008

Another Weekend

Here it is, Friday evening. Had a bit of a surprise when I got home - well, not really a surprise that anyone would be interested in but I was happy to see it. The atomic clock, which has been off by an hour since the time change, is now correct. I don't know why it didn't change when it was supposed to but I'm glad that it's fixed.

Stopped at Stater Bros on the way home from work and picked up a few things. Decided to bake a cake for Dad's birthday dinner (hope they don't already have one). Of course, it is chocolate with chocolate icing and strawberry jam in the center. Didn't put any "niggles and dimes" in it, so Dad may be a bit disappointed, but I think he'll be happy with the cake. Even if they already have a dessert. If necessary, maybe I'll let Sis take it home (or most of it) for Rafe's D&D game on Sunday.

I'm still not sure if we will be meeting at Starbucks or if Sis will be coming here for knitting on Sunday. Doesn't really matter either way to me. I think we'd be more comfy at the apartment but I don't supply mocha fraps. We could meet somewhere for brunch and then come back here, though. Or knit for a while and then go out to eat. Guess we can work it out tomorrow.

Watching Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader; the celebrity contestant is Gene Simmons from the rock band Kiss. I've seen him on other shows, and he is quite an intelligent man. You'd never have guessed it from his rock'n'roll-all-night-and-party-every-day days. He speaks four languages (Hungarian, English, Hebrew and German). He's about to go for the million dollar question.

Missed a call from FM's dad; haven't called him back yet. According to FM the call is to invite me for Thanksgiving dinner. Not sure how I feel about going. I haven't been invited anywhere else; I know The Kids will be at her dad's place; and eldest BIL and youngest BIL (with his family) will be there. All reasons to go. I'm not sure how FM feels about it (what if he has someone he wanted to invite???) and I don't think BIL 2 and BIL 3 want me there. As I mentioned after the birthday celebration, it was just a feeling I had - but I think they thought I didn't belong at a family celebration. Plus, this will be the first anniversary of Joe's death. Bound to be an emotional day and I don't know if my being there will make it better or worse for anyone. Guess I could flat-out ask people, but I'm not quite that brave. Dilemma - I haz one!

If you were wondering - Gene dropped out with $500k. He didn't want to risk the money that is going to the Pediatric Aids Foundation. Good thing: he would have answered incorrectly.

No comments: