Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day Ending Better Than I Thought It Would

Had a text message from FM this morning, saying that Bubs was really bad again and may have to be "let go" this weekend. Poor dog isn't eating again, and can't put weight on the back leg. FM called and talked to the vet, who authorized a refill on the prednisone (which really seemed to help last time). I picked up the pills after work and went to visit Buster and Little Thing. To my very pleased surprise, Bubs was very alert and happy when I got to the house. He didn't great me at the door but was lying on the bed and wagging his tail. I gave him his first dose of prednisone in a piece of cookie. I figured I'd bring him his food bowl, but he followed me down the hall. I put a couple little pieces of cookie into the food and mixed it up; he ate about half the food. So, things are looking much brighter! I know it's just a matter of time, but if the meds can keep him relatively pain-free and happy, it's well worth the trips to the vet! And I'm glad I had a cookie in my purse.

Now all I need is for Matty to get away from those ...um ... contestants?? ... on the Fang tribe, he may have a chance at winning a challenge. I can't afford for him to keep losing! It was pointed out on FoRT that he looks like a grown-up Bobby Brady. Sis says it's been too long since she's seen Mike Lookinland "growed up", so here's a picture for her ... and one of Matty for comparison sake.

No comments: